Final: Merrimack 5, Huskies 2
The Huskies put in a lackluster and disappointing performance last night, losing 5-2 to Merrimack. It was a penalty filled game that seemed typical for a game against Merrimack. The Huskies were hot and cold all night, but even when they were looking good, they were still unable to convert long bouts of possession into goals. Game story coming later.
- Ludwig Karlsson and Kevin Roy had the goals for the Huskies.
- Colton Saucerman, Kevin Roy, Ludwig Karlsson and Vinny Saponari all had assists.
- Bryan Mountain had 27 saves and allowed 4 goals.
- Shots were 32-25 Merrimack.
- The Huskies were 1-7 on the power play. Merrimack was 2-6.
- One bright spot was seeing Karlsson break his scoring drought. He is still trying to do much, but he is just one of many that falls into that category.
- Braden Pimm got a game misconduct for a hit from behind. The play was dumb enough on its own, but his inappropriate gesture on the way out could earn him a seat in the stands tonight.
- The penalty kill was improved, it was just out there too much. One of the two goals they allowed came with 1 second left on 5-on-3 after they had killed almost 1:40 of it.
- The power play looked better at times, but too often reverted back to old ways. They were looking to shot more, but Merrimack blocked a lot of shots and was not giving them many good looks.
HHN’s Three Stars
1. Dustin Darou
2. Ludwig Karlsson
3. Kevin Roy
Up Next: Fuddruckers.